To be authorized to sell SCAN’s products, you must be affiliated with an Agency that contracts with SCAN. If you have questions about SCAN’s contracted agencies email SCANbrokercontracting@scanhealthplan.com
New agents must complete the following contracting and agent training process prior to receiving a “Welcome” email communication.
Your agency must email SCANbrokercontracting@scanhealthplan.com with your license number for you to receive a contract via DocuSign. Electronically complete SCAN’s contracting paperwork which includes these items:
• Agent Hierarchy Form
• Current CA State Insurance license - You must have a current California Accident & Health license to sell SCAN plans (must not expire within 45 days of contracting)
• Signed W-9 (current year)
• Agent Contact Form
• Agent Agreement
• Errors & Omissions policy attestation - Applicants must attest to SCAN that E&O coverage is current (must not expire within 45 days of contracting). Your minimum E&O policy must be written for $1,000,000 per occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate limit. After onboarding, agents are required to continue to maintain active E&O coverage.
• Assignment of Commissions - If applicable
Annual Certification Requirements
Complete the Three Tiered Certification training requirements
• SCAN’s Tier 1 Training Requirement: Complete AHIP’s comprehensive online training.
Training curriculum includes modules on Medicare Marketing and Fraud, Waste and Abuse segment. Completing this training also satisfies the CMS requirement for General Compliance training. Note: agents are encouraged to access and complete the training using SCAN’s training portal. The fee for the AHIP certification through SCAN is $125 and payment is made through the portal.
• SCAN’s Tier 2 Training Requirement: Watch SCAN’s online training video and attest that you have read and understand our Code of Conduct & Policies and Procedures.
When your AHIP training is complete and you have passed the test, SCAN’s online “Selling with Integrity” training will “unlock”. View the 30 minute video – and additionally, you will be asked to “attest” to the fact that you have reviewed SCAN’s Policies & Procedures and Code of Conduct.
• SCAN’s Tier 3 Training Requirement: It’s Virtual and It’s Fun!
Complete your Tier 2 training and you’ll gain access to our Tier 3 benefit training video! Click the link, view the ENTIRE video, take the test, score a minimum of 85% and you’ve completed your certification requirements.